Friday, March 16, 2007

NYT: McCain Stumbles on H.I.V. Prevention


"No I don't believe condoms help protect against STDs. Also, leeches are a great way to treat cancer."
_________________

John McCain's "Straight Talk Express" got derailed yesterday by a reporter's question during a campaign stop in Iowa. Here's a brief excerpt from the New York Times:

Q: “So no contraception, no counseling on contraception. Just abstinence. Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV?”

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “You’ve stumped me.”

Q: “I mean, I think you’d probably agree it probably does help stop it?”

Mr. McCain: (Laughs) “Are we on the Straight Talk express? I’m not informed enough on it. Let me find out. You know, I’m sure I’ve taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception – I’m sure I’m opposed to government spending on it, I’m sure I support the president’s policies on it.”

Ahhh...I love the smell of pandering in the morning.

Click on the banner for the full story.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Don't forget John McCain always supports the president even know Bush's 2000 campaign was based on humiliating him, defaming his character, and portraying him as crazy for having been a prisoner of war in Vietnam. Oh and he wants to send more troops to Iraq.

Fuck this guy.